Call for Special Issues
Mathematics in Computer Science (MCS) publishes special issues on well-selected
topics reflecting the trends of research and development in the broad area of
interaction between mathematics and computer science. Potential guest editors
of MCS special issues are invited to submit proposals for consideration.
The proposal of a special issue should contain the following pieces of
A special issue may aim either at defining
the scope and research directions of an emerging subject by soliciting and
publishing seminal papers, or at collecting high-quality papers on
the state of the art of an already existing subject.
Papers for special issues may evolve from presentations at conferences,
workshops, and seminars. Submissions of proposals for special issues
should be sent to the MCS managing editor. Submitted proposals will be reviewed by the MCS editors-in-chief and
relevant editorial board members.
- A tentative title of the special issue
- Names of the proposed guest editors and a short introduction to their
academic qualification and editorial experience
- List of key topics and motivations for the special issue
- Arguments as why the proposed special issue is of scientific interest
and may have significant impact on future research and development
- Expected number of submissions, submission deadline, and expected date
of final publication of the special issue.
Instructions for guest editors are available from the managing editor.